Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Joe Cole admits he cannot wait to work under new Liverpool


Joe Cole: Back with Liverpool after loan spell
Joe Cole: Back with Liverpool after loan spell

The former Chelsea star moved to Anfield in 2010, but failed to make an impact and was loaned out.
The 30-year-old spent last season with French outfit Lille, but with Rodgers' appointment he now looks to have a chance of rebuilding his Liverpool career.
"I know him from my Chelsea days when he was there and I can't see anything other than positive things," said Cole.
"When I heard about Liverpool looking at certain managers, I was praying it was going to be Brendan.
"Not just because he's not an unknown for me, and I know his philosophy on football, but I think the owners have made the right choice for the club - it's been a breath of fresh air.
"A new manager always brings a lift, but the gaffer has come in and really impressed everyone."

Philosophy

Cole is looking forward to seeing Rodgers' footballing philosophy in operation.
"Sometimes in English football people automatically think you need to be aggressive. But look at Spain - no-one works harder than them," he added.
"I firmly believe in that and think it's now the way forward in football. We've seen how successful Spain and Barcelona are.
"The top teams get the ball down and play and move, and that's what we are going to try and implement here.
"But it takes time to change things, and great things take time. It's going to be a building process.
"As long as we stick together and try to do what the manager wants us to do, this club will move steadily forward again."
Cole was included in Liverpool's squad which departed for a pre-season tour of North America on Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment